The Transportation Department provides charter bus service to staff and faculty for University related events and trips. This service is available to all University departments. Due to the increased demand for this service, we recommend that requests be sent to the Transportation Department at least two weeks in advance to ensure availability. Availability of service is often limited since our first commitment is to provide service on campus. Service is provided on a "first-come, first-served" basis. Requests are accepted based on the initial submission and further changes may not be accommodated because of the other obligations from other departments. The large buses carry 30 to 31 passengers. The vans carry 14-17 passengers. We prefer to use the large buses for our charter services.
Bus Charters Requirements
- Buses are available for charter at $95 per hour per bus/hour to all departments for University related activities.
- All charter requests must be submitted online using the web form. Please complete this form in its entirety and follow up your online submission by calling ext. 5223 or 5996.
- It is important that you send your reservations ONLY when the dates and times and locations are confirmed. Reservations are made on first come first served basis and therefore last minute changes will be difficult to approve.
- If there are several dates but the times are the same, for example May 4 through May 8, please fill out one form for the morning and another for the afternoon pickup. If it is for different times please state it clearly on the form.
- When the charter request is finalized any change is extremely difficult due to other requests already approved. If changes are at a last minute and must be done, an extra fee will be charged.
- For efficiency in serving you, please designate ONLY one representative to communicate with us in planning and monitoring the charter request.
- At least a week's notice is required to get the permit. We require two-hour minimum service for charter requests for weekend and airport trips. If you decide to cancel your assignment, please let us know as soon as possible .
- Final charter fees will be charged to electronically through iO (the accounts provided on the charter form in iO).
- If an invalid account is provided on the form, your department’s "Miscellaneous Account" will be charged.
- To verify your charges, and print records, please check your iO accounts listed on your request form. For weekend No additional IDT’s or invoices will be sent to departments.
- For weekend charter requests, there is a 2 hour minimum service requirement.
- Inform the Transportation Office of charter request cancellation ahead of time.
- If you are bringing young persons or children on the Rice buses, please ask for permission from the Risk Management Department (ext. 5082) ahead of time.
If you have any questions, contact the Transportation Department by email email@example.com or call ext. 5223 or 5996.
Wednesday, June 22, 2022 - 11:30AM